FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com

Monday, January 19, 2009

orts revisited

After making enough food to feed an army last night, I have a lot of leftovers. I don't mind leftovers, but I prefer to rework them into new(ish) dishes.

I think I'm going to make the leftover chicken into a chicken salad tomorrow, and I'm torn between this recipe and this one for my leftover garbanzos. I froze the carcass to make stock & chicken gumbo. And tonight, I used the rest of the pepper coulis and some of the leftover chicken in a pasta. Drew approved.

Pepper Coulis Pasta

1 cup dried elbow macaroni
1 can brined artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 red onion, diced
1 green bell peppers, diced
1 cup chopped cooked chicken
1 tablespoon mayo
shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup parsley

Bring a whole lot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. In the meantime, saute the veggies until browned. Add veggies and chicken and parsley to pasta and toss with leftover coulis and mayo. Sprinkle with cheese and serve. Easy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment