FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Presto Chango Pomegranate Dressing

So, bed (and trial practice homework) looked less inviting than playing on the internet...thus, here is the aforementioned pomegranate dressing recipe.

They say necessity is the mother of invention...and because I forgot to buy Newman's Own Light Vinaigrette while at the grocery store today, I had to make my own salad dressing tonight. And guess what? It's tasty.* I served it on a salad of arugula, blue cheese, and spiced pecans. The dressing is pretty sweet, but it goes well with the blue cheese. Next time, I might put pomegranate seeds on top, too, though that might be too much pomegranate.

*I liked this dressing a lot, as did Tott, who ate three bowlfuls of salad. Drew, on the other hand, wasn't crazy about it. What actually he said was, "Something about this faintly reminds me of paint." Guess I'll be eating the remainder of the jar on my own salads.


Pomegranate Dressing

1 cup pomegranate cranberry juice
2 sprigs of rosemary
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup roasted garlic flavored olive oil
salt & pepper

Boil the juice with the spices in it. Reduce until only 1/4 cup. Strain the spices out and put in a mason jar. Add vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Add the oil and taste again to correct seasoning. Shake the mason jar before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Uhhhum (throat clearing noise) Tott *only* had 2 bowls of salad, not to say that she wouldn't have had more if there was more lettuce left, but this time it was just 2.

    ReplyDelete