FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com

Friday, February 20, 2009

after-the-cardiologist cookies

Well, I got home from the cardiologist yesterday (I have a clean bill of health, by the way), and I wanted cookies. Something delicious and sweet and accompanied by milk.

Kaytie makes fun of me because I have a massive sweet tooth, and I am irresistibly drawn to the most ridiculously overblown desserts that usually make my stomach hurt. (I recently purchased "Chocolate Seduction" ice cream, and I have had several stomachaches already.) I think what frustrates Kaytie most is that I always know when I'm going to feel sick, but I eat the dessert anyway. I'm a little stubborn.

Anyway, I wanted cookies, so I threw these together. They're fairly light and thin, a little crispy on the edges but chewy throughout. Yum. I do not, however, recommend eating (or even making - the temptation will be too great) these cookies unless you have a large quantity of milk on hand.
Billionaire Cookies
(I call these Billionaire Cookies because, like billionaires, they're rich. And they fly around in their own private jets. And have butlers. And golden toilets. I could keep going...)

1/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup Nutella
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
2 Tbs self-rising flour
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350.

Combine everything but the white chocolate chips in a bowl and stir well. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Roll the cookie dough into balls that are roughly an inch in diameter. Place them on a greased cookie sheet and press them flat. Leave about 2-3 inches between them; they'll spread.

Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving the cookies to a cooling rack.

Makes about 2.5 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these SOUND delicious. I say sound, because someone ATE THEM ALL. And did not save Tott even one single measly cookie, despite being asked nicely to bring her one. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete